David L Rattigan is a freelance writer, editor, journalist, web guy and general artsy creative type based in the historic Lancashire town of Prescot, Merseyside.
His current projects include:
- Editor of Prescot Online, Prescot’s only dedicated, independent news media
- Copywriter & webmaster for the Prescot Festival of Music & the Arts, of which he was a co-founder with artistic director Dr Robert Howard
- Webmaster of Loveprescot.co.uk
- Web, marketing & social media manager for a handful of businesses based in & around Prescot, Merseyside
- Editor to Ann Townsend, author of LGBTQ: Outing My Christianity
His writing has been published by The Guardian‘s Comment is free, The Double Negative, Wilfrid Laurier University Press (the 2009 book Leaving Fundamentalism, ed. G Elijah Dann) and Third Way magazine, among others. He has edited and contributed to Diabolique magazine and Exgaywatch.com.
Dave’s writing interests range from arts, music, film and culture to religion, politics and sexuality. Evangelical Christianity, British horror films and the vagaries of the so-called “ex-gay,” or “gay cure,” movement are all subjects he has covered in detail.
Dave sings tenor in Prescot Parish Church Choir (Church of St Mary the Blessed Virgin), of which he is also one of a team of leaders.