New Testament Studies
You have exactly two and a half hours. Read the
paper carefully before writing anything. Answer three of the
1. Expand, contract and explode one of the following:
a) the contents of Judas' Iscariot's pockets;
b) the Sanhedrin of Jesus' day;
c) your diaphragm.
2. Who did what, to whom, and in what year? Explain your
3. Discuss, in no more than 2000 words, nothing in
particular, with reference to anything you like.
4. Would you say that Cleopatra was directly responsible
for the corporeal decline of Herod the Great? If not, what would you
5. Describe, in excessive detail, the woman at the well.
What were her pneumatological implications? Could you suggest a suitable
6. Briefly solve the synoptic problem (3-4 lines max).
Explain why the problem still baffles scholars today, and suggest what
should be done to them.
7. Examine and evaluate Schwinkelmeier's exposition and
assessment of Pfundhoffer's representation and appraisal of Kasselheimer.
Critique your answer.
8. Use this sheet to fashion a lifesize replica of the
inner sanctuary of the Jerusalem temple. You may ask for more paper if
necessary. Crayons are allowed.
9. Evaluate the contribution of Paul to the early church.
Do not make too much effort to relate your answer to the actual question. In
fact, do not feel obliged to expend any energy on answering this question at
all. On second thoughts, ignore the question altogether, and throw this
sheet into the wastepaper basket, if you like. (This does not apply if you
answered question 8.)
10. John the Baptist was beheaded with the Axe of the
NB. Do not attempt to write on both sides of
the sheet of paper at once.